Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Give Change A Chance



It seems like every time there is ANY kind of change with a mass-used tool, people lose their minds.  Every time Facebook dares to change a layout, the timeline blows up for about 2 days while people realize the buttons have moved.  It REALLY upsets people.  But what I find interesting is that after about those 2 days, I don't hear much about it at all.

The wasn't the layout the people didn't like.  It was that it changed.

I am human.  So though I am pretty open to change in most cases, I sometimes get bent out of shape when something "has been moved."  But most of the time, we need to give change a chance.

Often, after a change has been made for a while, then I go back to it to see how I feel.  If, after a week, a month, or whatever appropriate time I still feel that it's not better...it might have more merit.

But try not to flip out the moment someone "moves your cheese."  You might like the new place even better!

No comments: