Saturday, February 22, 2014

What Is Your Choice?



My youngest daughter and I were talking the other morning before school.  She had come downstairs (mostly) ready and had several minutes before we needed to leave.  She was in good spirits and we had started talking about her day.

One topic spun her mind off and she went through some quick mental gymnastics that landed her on being annoyed.  She talked herself into being mad about something that hadn't happened yet!  She went from being in reasonably good spirits to being in a really bad mood in about 20 seconds.  But nothing had changed.

Needless to say I pointed that out.

I think many people go through these mental gymnastics every day.  They wake up in the morning with a clean slate of activities.  But at some point they CHOOSE to be in a bad frame of mind.  Some folks actually actively look for things to piss them off!  It's clear by the things they choose to be angry about!

The thing I find (and I pointed out to my youngest daughter) is that it takes the same amount of energy to try and find good things.  I feel bad for those people who are constantly complaining, whining and bemoaning their state of life.  That seems like a miserable way to live.

But let's be clear.  It's their choice.  What will yours be today?

No comments: