Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Fearing Change



Admittedly, I am not a person who generally fears change.  I like it (most of the time).  I joke with my friends that I am one of the few guys that actually moves the furniture without being asked.  I like to see things in a different light.  I like to tweak.  I like to test and keep things fresh. 

But of course the biggest challenge with any organization is proposing change.  It's scary for many people.  If you want to make changes, no matter how good they are, you will get push back.

The thing is, even though I am generally "pro-change" I can still be skeptical of things that are different.  As a leader of an organization, or a leader of a family or department, etc., we need to make sure we are not saying "no" to an idea just because it's change. 

Nothing really good comes without it.

No comments: