Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Business/Friend Relationships



Today I had the opportunity to reconnect with two good friends...at different times during the day.  On one occasion, my friend and I had lunch and talked "some" business.  In the other instance, we spent quite a while on the phone today catching up and brainstorming business ideas.  Both of these guys are "good" guys...and both are original thinkers.

I love it when I take the time to do that.

Each time I take time out of my "busy" schedule to invest in those kind of business/friend relationships, I get a lot out of it.  I come up with new ideas, challenge old ones, and generally leave the interaction in a good place. 

As I mature (I hope) in my career I seek this sort of opportunity out more and more.  I find that the more I learn, and read and grow, the more I understand how much I have to learn.  So when I get the chance to meet and interact with those I am learning from, I end up better for it.

So here's to more good, thoughtful, meaningful business/friend relationships!  And thanks Pat and Dana.  Good stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Honored! Learning just as much from you Kirby.