Friday, January 31, 2014

What Winter Is Doing



It seems the Farmers Almanac was right!

In the last month or so, talking about the weather has become more than small talk.  With the un-yielding winter we have been facing (all over the country it seems), it is affecting life.  Schools have been closed.  Businesses have been forced into shorter hours.

Twice yesterday I found myself discussing how the weather had been affecting business.  I reasoned that (from a sales perspective) it had been harder to get to see people.  In addition, I also suggested that when I did get to see them, clients were not always in a great mood!  My position was of course that business had been adversely affected by the weather.

But this article says productivity might be up.  I am not sure if I buy this.

And if "productivity" is up, does that mean it translates into sales?  I don't think so.

What is your experience so far this winter?

No comments: