Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Minding the Routine



One of the reasons I was excited to get the kids back to school after the holiday break, was to get back into routines.  Breaks are always welcome, but when you have established a routine that allows you to be productive (consistently) the break in routine can be down right disruptive. 

Of course the challenge right now is the weather in Ohio has made it downright difficult to have any routine.

So for me, since there is no school for the kids, I might sleep just a little later.  By getting the "extra sleep" I have less time to wake up before I work out.  Then I simply don't work out.  The lack of a workout gives me less time to prepare for the day, gives me less energy, and increases stress.  I have not had the same creativity.

So this morning the alarm went off at "school" time for me.  The family is still all nestled in their bed.  But I am up and at em.  I am getting back into the routine.

I am sure the day will be more productive because of it!

No comments: