Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Finding Your Sunshine



Growing up I always knew that I was more happy on sunny days.  I was able to be outside and play.  I was not a kid that wanted to be inside during a gloomy rainy day.  As I grew up I learned that there were scientific reasons that I was happy on sunny days.  Sunshine reduces stress and depression by causing a release in endorphins.  

So it was not just me! 

But later I heard Stephen Covey say that we did not need to rely on sunshine for a good mood.  As he said, we could "carry our own sunshine" with us.  I loved this because I was not interested in being tied to the weather for my mood and productivity.

I love what Jeff Wickerham is talking about here.  Jeff has found that music can be his "sunshine."  He points out that it lifts him up and boosts his soul.  Great stuff. 

What is the thing that boosts your mood?  What activity helps you "create your own sunshine?"  It's important to know because there will be times when the clouds roll in.  By taking part in your sunshine activity, you can boost your mood and productivity on your own.

Great stuff Jeff.  And yes, #smileon.  :)

No comments: