Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Finding Perspective



I always say that I know when I need a "vacation" because little things start to really bug me.  You probably know what I mean.  The things that normally just roll of your back start to suddenly really make you angry.  Silly stuff.

For example, last weekend I went through McDonald's Drive Thru to get my family a surprise breakfast.  It seems everyone had the same idea.  That long line in the drive thru was fine until the person two cars in front of me spent 10 minutes trying to order.  I could hear her saying "I was 5 hashbrowns...no, wait...6 hashbrowns...no wait...4."

I wanted to scream, "It's McDonalds!  If you have waited in a long line and don't know what you want, you are actually trying to be annoying!"

I know that it's silly to get annoyed or angry about that.  And when those things start to mount up, I tell my wife that I need a "vacation."

The fact is, I think it's more about just finding some perspective.  Vacation really just represents the idea of re-charging and re-gaining goals, drive and perspective.  The good news is, I don't really have to go anywhere to do that.  (Though if someone wants to take me to Hawaii I will go!).

We can find that perspective where ever we are.  We just have to take the time to breath in, breath out, and look for it.

No comments: